Summer to Fall Transition
Lightweight Faux Leather Jacket
How did September get here so fast? I’m in a bit of denial that fall is within sight, partly because crisp mornings haven’t yet arrived. But the calendar tells me that we will be saying farewell to summer very soon. (I’ll miss you, summer.) It’s time to start planning for summer to fall transition outfits. This post features a beautiful faux leather draped jacket that can be a perfect piece to transition looks and bridge the in between summer and fall weather.
This faux leather drape front jacket (BlankNYC from Nordstrom – also available in plus sizes) is the one thing I nabbed from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale this year. I saw it on another blog and loved the drape of the front. I’m a sucker for draping).
*The jacket isn’t on sale at this time, but it may be again. The regular price of $88 is pretty reasonable.
When I actually received the jacket, I was surprised to discover how soft and actually stretchy it is. And it’s so lightweight! It’s exactly what makes an ideal transition piece when bridging the summer to fall temps. The jacket is also a perfect layering piece for fall and winter – a heavier jacket or coat will easily fit over it – and it becomes a topper to finish a look.
How to Transition Outfits from Summer to Fall
Transitioning your summer looks during the in-between season is easy. The key is to mix your summer looks with fall pieces. A few tips:
- Layer – Add a lightweight jacket or sweater to your summer looks (dresses, skirts, pants) to keep you warm in the cooler mornings and evenings. During the midday warmer temps, a topper is easy to remove.
- Footwear – Switch out your sandals for booties or oxfords. You can still hang on to your summer outfit but give it a fall-y vibe by adding a closed shoe.
- Color – Tone down your summer look by mixing summery colors with darker pieces. In this post, adding the gray jacket with pink and white takes the look from summer perky to fall.
- Scarf – I love wearing scarves year-round, but especially in fall and winter. Add a lightweight scarf to your summer look to transition it into fall.
- Purse – Switching out your purse is another way to move into fall. I could change my pink purse for black or gray to immediately give the look a different feel.
*Check out this timeless summer to fall transition idea.
Two things to share with you:
- For a very limited time, spend $150 sitewide and get a free Body Butter ($39 value)! I just got mine and it’s heavenly! Questions? Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I’m super excited to be heading to San Diego for Counter Training (that’s Beautycounter talk!) on September 22. I’ll be getting a sneak peek at the 2019 Holiday Collection and can’t wait to share it!