What a week! We are finishing our second week of sheltering in place in California – our homes have become our world. Times are so uncertain. We don’t know how long our current reality will extend. We are hopeful that our loved ones will stay well or get well.
In spite of changes in our routines, life is going on. Whether you are staying home and supporting your children with school from home, taking care of your family, working from home, working outside the home in essential services, it’s important to dress each day in a way that helps you to feel good and supports the energy you need to accomplish what needs to be done.
I feel much better when I’m wearing makeup.
I’ve been working from home most days since we began the shelter-in-place. The first couple of days I didn’t bother with makeup. It felt good to let that morning routine go. But after two days, I realized that not getting myself ready for the day in a way that made me feel good, wasn’t setting me up for success. Since then, I’ve tried to stick with my usual routine of showering first thing, getting dressed in presentable clothes (even though they are much more casual than I wear when going to work at school), and “fixing my face.”
Stay at Home Makeup Routine
My makeup routine has changed, though. I’ve taken out some of the steps I typically do and products I wear to make my makeup look more natural while still creating a look that smooths my complexion and highlights my eyes.
The products I use (shown below) are all Beautycounter makeup products. As you know, I’m a Beautycounter consultant. Over time, I’ve been switching my products to Beautycounter for a few reasons: I love the products, I have learned a lot about clean makeup products and Beautycounter’s are safe and high performing, and, of course, I want to be able to give authentic reviews to my clients.
This isn’t a review post. This post is focusing on how you can use fewer products to create a wonderful, polished, natural makeup look.
Here is how I use 6 products to create my casual face:
- Tinted Moisturizer: I’ve started using tinted moisturizer instead of foundation. I’m surprised at the nice and light coverage it gives. I still use my Countertime moisturizer and use the tinted moisturizer as a makeup product.
- Concealer: I have been using a light color concealer both under my eyes and on my eyelids, which have a bit of natural red coloring near the lash line. The concealer brightens my eyelids a bit and helps lighten the under eye area (I have genetic dark under-eye coloring that I’m constantly trying to lighten).
- Eyebrow Pencil and Gel: I use two quick products for my eyebrows. I fill in the spaces with the pencil and then set the brows with the gel.
- Blush: I need a little color on my face!
- Eyelash Curler: This isn’t a makeup product so it’s not counted in the 6 products. I have curled my eyelashes since I started wearing makeup a million years ago. My eyelashes are super straight and down facing. Curling my lashes really opens up my eyes. I curl my lashes even when I don’t wear any eye makeup. I’ve been using the Shiseido eyelash curler for years. I really like it. I’ve hear that Shu Uemuru is really good too.
- Eye Pencil: I always line my eyes with a eye pencil. I use neutral colors and I really like this brown with my brown eyes. I do my best to get the pencil line very close to the lash line. The desired effect is to make the lashes look thicker not called attention to the eye liner.
- Mascara: This is a must for me to give my lashes more everything – length and volume. This is a volumizing mascara, which I don’t typically use because don’t want to have tarantula lashes. This one is nice as it gives length and some volume – not tarantula-like!
Makeup Product Details
- Face: Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer
- Under Eye: Touchup Skin Concealer Pen
- Eyebrows: Color Define Brow Pencil & Brilliant Brow Gel
- Cheeks: Satin Powder Blush
- Eyelashes (first): Eyelash curler – I use Shisheido Eyelash Curler
- Eyes: Color Outline Eye Pencil
- Eyelashes: Volumizing Mascara
Beautycounter Collection on Sale
There is a current great deal at Beautycounter for the Flawless in Five collection. Get 6 customized products for only $135 (sale is through March 31 only) – which comes out to $22.50 for each. I’m not trying to sell you – I’m just sharing what is seriously an amazing deal on high performing and beautiful products.
What you get with Flawless in Five:
- Foundation or moisturizer – you choose the shade
- Concealer – you choose the shade
- Brow pencil or brow gel – you choose the shade
- Mascara – you choose lengthening or volumizing (the lengthening gives a very natural look)
- Powder blush – you choose the shade
- Lip gloss – you choose the shade
This collection has a value of $187 if products were purchased individually. The regular price on the collection, which is always discounted because it’s a set, is $150. Just want to share this with you because the value is so good.
If you have questions about the Flawless in Five collection or any other Beautycounter products, I love talking Beautycounter, so shoot me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay at Home Makeup
Here’s the finished version. It’s subtle (photo taken at 7:00 am so not the best lighting).