Easy At-Home Manicure with Olive & June
Manicures for me have gone the way of many luxuries since the pandemic hit in 2020. I’d become really used to my twice a month manicures. Although nail salons reopened, I didn’t resume my regular manicure appointments. It just seemed like an unnecessary expense that I could easily do without.
I’ve missed the look of nicely manicured nails and hands (but I don’t miss the expense!). But I’ve never had the patience and finesse to commit to at-home manicures. What to do?
Enter Olive & June
Then I was introduced to Olive & June, a easy-to-do at-home manicure system with a magical tool that helps us amateurs complete a manicure without ending up with nail polish all over. This was an at-home manicure I could handle!
Olive & June, a nail salon in Los Angeles, was founded in 2013. It “elevates the salon experience, giving women personalized attention and luxury service at an approachable price.” Olive & June has developed a line of products to elevate the at-home mani/pedi experience as well.
The Poppy Is Key
Once I knew about it and how easy self-manicures and pedicures can be with their unique tool called the Poppy, I decided, yes – I can do this.
Poppy is a unique and patented nail polish bottle handle that creates a comfortable grip and helps with control and steady strokes.
It a System!
Olive & June’s mani and pedi systems come with all the tools needed for an easy manicure, including Poppy, nail polish remover pot (so easy to remove polish by simply putting each finger into the pot and twirling it a few times against the internal sponge), clippers, nail file (different types for manis and pedis), clean up brush, nail buffer, plus mani or pedi specifc accessories (check out all the tools in the links above). The quality of the tools is really excellent.
Using the Olive & June system has been very different from the awkward, less-than-perfect manicure and pedicure experiences I’ve had in the past.
What I Love
- The instructions about how to have a long-lasting manicure (on the video) are helpful.
- It lasted a week without chipping even though I didn’t use the recommended top coat every few days (which is the best way to prevent chipping).
- The tools are really good quality.
- The Poppy is a great solution to my awkward attempts at professional-like application.
- The nail polish remover in the pot with the spongy interior is so easy for removing polish.
- All the “how to” resources on the website.
- The Dry Drops are a game changer – my polish dried super fast and even though one of my manicures was done in the evening, I didn’t end up with sheet marks from going to bed before it was all the way dry.
- The whole manicure with all the steps was completed in a very short amount of time.
- The foot file in the pedicure set is the best I’ve ever used for smoothing calluses.
I’ve included below a visual step-by-step demo of one of my at-home manicures. I’ve started working on the pedicure, and the Posey, a foot rest for pedi positioning, is really helpful. Check out Olive & June University for how-to videos.
Valentine’s Day Self-Care Gift?
Drop a hint to your Valentine, or gift it to yourself. Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to practice self-love and self-care.
Here’s your referral code for Olive & June
Use my referral code below and get 20% off of any system (and I’ll get a free bottle of nail polish – thank you!). The price of the nail polishes are really reasonable – $8. And the Poppy is a must-have. You can shop by color or by your level of expertise (neutrals are for beginners!). You can even join the Olive You Club for perks and discounts.
Check out the pictorial demo here. It’s so easy!
Olive & June now offers press ons. I haven’t tried them (yet), but it could be a super easy manicure system.