An Easy At-Home Manicure System
by Olive & June
When the pandemic hit and everything shut down in California last March, a lot of us stopped doing things like manicures and pedicures (among other things). It wasn’t like it was a choice at first. And it was disappointing as I’d gotten a little used to my twice monthly manicures and summer pedicures. I’ve never been good at doing my own nails, so it was either do nothing or have my nails done by a professional. Since March, nail salons where I live have opened and closed by mandate several times. I’d accepted that my nails would be au naturel or I’d have to figure out how to finesse the whole DIY manicure/pedicure process.
And then I was introduced to Olive & June. Cue angelic singing. It’s a game changer!
Olive & June, a nail salon in Los Angeles, was founded in 2013. It “elevates the salon experience, giving women personalized attention and luxury service at an approachable price.” Olive & June has developed a line of products to elevate the at-home mani/pedi experience as well.
Once I knew about it and how easily self-manicures and pedicures can be with their unique tool called the Poppy, I decided, yes – I can do this.
Poppy is a unique and patented nail polish bottle handle that creates a comfortable grip and helps with control and steady strokes.
Olive & June’s mani and pedi systems come with all the tools needed for an easy manicure, including Poppy, nail polish remover pot (so easy to remove polish), clippers, nail file (different types for manis and pedis), clean up brush, nail buffer, plus mani or pedi specifc accessories (check out all the tools in the links above). The quality of the tools is really excellent.
Using the Olive & June system has been very different from the awkward, less-than-perfect manicure and pedicure experiences I’ve had in the past.
What I love:
- The instructions about how to have a long-lasting manicure (on the video) are helpful.
- It lasted a week without chipping even though I didn’t use the recommended top coat every few days (which is the best way to prevent chipping).
- The tools are really good quality.
- The Poppy is a great solution to my awkward attempts at professional-like application.
- The nail polish removed in the pot with the spongy interior is so easy for removing polish.
- All the “how to” resources on the website.
- The Dry Drops are a game changer – my polish dried super fast and even though one of my manicures was done in the evening, I didn’t end up with sheet marks from going to bed before it was all the way dry.
- The whole manicure with all the steps was completed in a very short amount of time.
- The foot file in the pedicure set is the best I’ve ever used for smoothing calluses.
I’ve included below a step-by-step of my recent at-home manicure. I’ve started working on the pedicure, and the Posey, a foot rest for pedi positioning, is really helpful. Check out Olive & June University for how-to videos.
I was gifted the manicure and pedicure systems by my kids this past Christmas. Valentine’s Day is coming – drop a hint to your Valentine, or gift it to yourself. Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to practice self-love and self-care.
Here’s your referral code for Olive & June
Use my referral code below and get $10 off your first purchase of $50+ (and I’ll get a free bottle of nail polish – thank you!). The price of the nail polishes are really reasonable – $8. And the Poppy is a must-have. You can shop by color or by your level of expertise (neutrals are for beginners!). You can even join the Olive You Club for perks and discounts.
Referral code: http://fbuy.me/v/karen_23833