It’s a perfect time of year for turquoise and black. Here we are. The in-between season. We aren’t ready turn our backs on summer quite yet (at least I’m not), and the turquoise and black combination is a fun way to transition from summer to fall.
I used to think of turquoise two ways:
- A summer color
- A color to wear with white
But . . . neither of those is true. Hallelujah! We have choices. We can wear color when we want to wear it. We can pair colors that we used to think we couldn’t. (Interested in pushing your envelope a little color-wise? Check out my post, Be Your Own Color Stylist.)
At this time of year, as we are moving from summer into fall, clothing choices can present challenges. How to hang on to summer a little bit, since the weather can feel summer-like, but integrate a little bit of fall, because, well, it’s September?
Something that you may not have considered (I hadn’t), is to continue wearing turquoise accessories with black – not too summer-y, but not yet fully jumping into fall.
In this post, I’m showing turquoise and black, with black playing the canvas and turquoise the splash of paint.
If you have some turquoise in your collection – a necklace, earrings, a lightweight scarf, a cardigan, jacket, some fun turquoise shoes, or a great turquoise blouse, play it up! Go bold into fall.
All of the pieces I’m wearing in this post are things I’ve had for a while – nothing new here.
It’s fun to “shop your closet” and see what new combinations you can make for some fresh outfits.
- Testimony Los Angeles jacket in turquoise: This jacket attracts more compliments than anything else I wear. I have it in two colors and am about to add a third. Not only is the draping beautiful, but the French terry fabric makes this the MOST comfortable jacket I’ve every worn. I purchase my jackets from Gerie’s Fashion Closet, a mobile boutique that Gerie Davies (pronounced Gary) takes to fairs, music festivals, etc. I’ve never been able to find this jacket or anything by Testimony Los Angeles (I also have two of their full-length coats) from any other retailer, and I shop her boutique every year at the Monterey Jazz Festival (coincidentally, I’m there right now!) And, we are all SO lucky because Gerie has just launched a retail website where she has this jacket available ON SALE in several colors (regular price $220, sale price $184). Check out the jackets and other great fashion that Gerie offers at shopgerie.com.
- Everlane black t-shirt: I was pretty excited to learn about this company and discover their cotton t’s for only $15. I ordered a black and a white. However, I haven’t been that thrilled with the quality – the cotton is pretty lightweight and it doesn’t hold its shape well. I’ve come to the conclusion that for a high quality t-shirt, it’s worth making a bit more of an investment (except for those dang mystery pin holes that appear out of nowhere near the bottom of all of my t-shirts). That being said, I’m intrigued by Everlane as a clothing company and will probably try some of their other products.
- Black House White Market striped t-shirt similar similar turtleneck
- AG black jeans
- Eric Michael platform sandals
- Josef Seibel Sienna black booties similar similar
- Silver chunky necklace similar
- Turquoise necklace (purchased from Target!) similar similar
- Tiffany silver initial necklace
- Stella & Dot engraved bar necklace
- Silver and turquoise earrings similar simila
- Silver drop earrings similar inspired
Feel inspired? Shop turquoise looks below:
We spent a HOT Labor Day weekend on the Sonoma Coast (yes, it was even hot there!). Here’s a quick visit to Jenner, Russian River, Bodega Bay, and Duncans Mills.